Thursday, July 30, 2009

Financial Aid

Financial Aid: these two words can be both blessing and curse. And in my current case, its a dreadful and irritable curse.

So, like most college students, I can hardly afford to attain a Baccalaureate degree. Basically, for the past three years in college, I’ve been making it by on federal financial aid, parental support and other friendly sources of income. However, without financial aid, my college education would vanish.

So today, I find out that my FAFSA (basically an application to qualify for federal aid) was somehow rejected. So I go see the Financial Aid office at our school and they tell me just to make the corrections and resubmit the application…

So, twenty minutes ago, I was on the site attempting to correct what they said were the reasons why my application was denied, and well… NOTHING WORKED! The normal application was confusing, but making corrections was just downright impossible! I didn’t understand the questions and after I tried to correct the FAFSA it ended up seeming worse than before.

Needless to say, I’m frustrated. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED. I hate FAFSA with a passion. I hate financial aid. And I hate the fact that I’m not super rich and that I have to go through this bullshit. *ugh*

Well, I’m going back to the FinAid office and hopefully they can help me understand these corrections and fix them up. I NEED FINANCIAL AID! This is my last year in college and I can’t afford for everything to screw up right now.

Pray for me folks :)

Peace Easy

No comments: