Thursday, October 23, 2008

Transcendence.

Rising above yourself can be a difficult move to make. I mean, I know the problem. I recognize the problem. But its so f**cking hard to move on and let it go. But there is no better time then now. At some point and time a realization must be made to make the move to actually change myself. To transcend to something higher, better and newer. As such, I've decided to quit the consumption of alcohol for a year... or maybe more. For those who know me as in KNOW ME, this is one helluva unbelievable move to make. But I'm making it. I've discovered the root of my problems and I've decided to eradicate it from my life.... well, at least for year :) For those who don't believe I can do it... JUST WATCH ME. And for those who got my back... HELP ME THROUGH THIS! haha!

Before I leave I'd like to leave a small poem which has become my favorite in a matter of hours:

"Man is his own star; and the soul that can
Render an honest and a perfect man,
Commands all light, all influence, all fate;
Nothing to him falls early or too late.
Our acts our angels are, good or ill,
Our fatal shadows that walk by us still."
- Epilogue to Beaumont and Fletcher's Man's Fortune

No comments: